Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

   So ever since Baby Girl was 6 weeks old, we've had the tradition of going camping for Mother's Day. I know some women groan at the thought of camping, but keep in mind, I've got a trailer and my own potty, so we're really not roughing it too bad. Well this was by far one of the best camping trips we've ever had!!

    I think because  the men got to take their motorcycles on the trip it really helped. They were able to do some "big guy stuff" while I watched the little two on the playground (there's a huge wooden play structure were we go in Gettysburg). Plus they could take the bikes when we went to drive somewhere, so we weren't packed like sardines in the truck.

    The other reason was because the twins had a huge surprise planned for me. I had know idea those two had decided to surprise me with a Kindle for my Mother's Day gift (and we'll call it my birthday gift too). Sitting around the campfire on Friday night Twin 2 told me I can't wait to give you your gift on Sunday, it's so cool, you'll love it. OK so I'm thinking, great, they actually thought of me, maybe it's some jewelry, something unique, my interest is peeked, but now I've got two days to try to guess to myself what it is. 

   Mother's Day I woke to the smell of pancakes and a call of Mom where's the spatula? Twin 1 was making breakfast, but lack of a spatula had me concerned for the fate of the pancakes. Lucky for me, the little two ate the first crispy pancakes (hey, it's my day, don't judge me for not eating those pancakes!!!) Poor twin one was so disgusted at his attempt he didn't even make breakfast for himself (his pancakes got broken in the flipping) But Hubby did step in and make some egg sandwiches for the men.

   Ok on to gift time!!! Baby Girl made me two cards and I got bath salts in a little Chinese take out box (thank you awesome pre school teachers). Little Man gave me a bag of trail mix with the recipe, things like tiny marshmallows for all the squishy hugs, M&M's for times when it's just me and mom. (yeah I was choking back the tears reading that one). Meanwhile the twins are just standing there grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Finally they get to give me their gift. Twin 2 hands me a case of some kind???? Then Twin 1 hands me a Kindle box. I was speechless!! (something that almost never happens) I cried as I hugged them. They had all on their own decided to get me this gift with their own money they had worked for. I don't think I've ever had a gift given to me with so pride in the purchase of it.

    So I love my Kindle. Twin 2 keeps asking me what all I've got it to do. So far I've got the wireless set up (with the help of a Verizon tech) downloaded books and check my facebook with it. I feel bad I haven't explored all of it yet, but I'm just excited to have a new "book" to read.

No comments: