So this weekend armed with $30 and Hubby to watch the little ones, I went off to the thrift stores. I know some people groan at the mere thought of walking into a thrift store (my teen boys included) but to me it's like going hunting for the 12 point buck, some days, you'll just take your gun for a walk and some days you'll bag the buck. This weekend I bagged my buck!
I found 12 tops for $30, not too bad of a deal. But my real goal was to find things I could mix and match and really get the most bang for my money.
So I found 12 items that I think I can get at least 30 looks from. I didn't find any pants/skirts, so I guess I can't really call them outfits, so I'll just say "looks"
My purchases were
- long sleeved black silky blouse
- black and gray v neck sweater
- plain black long sleeve t shirt
- periwinkle 3/4 length sleeve blouse
- long sleeve olive green blouse
- eggplant v-neck sweater
- light olive green v-neck sweater
- white with brown striped blouse
- light olive green v-neck t-shirt
- lilac scooped neck sleeveless sweater
- short sleeve navy blue blouse
- oatmeal scoop neck t-shirt
So while some of these pieces I wouldn't wear by themselves, I know they'll fit into my overall plan.
And if I wear something that doesn't really match, please feel free to tell me, I'm not the most fashionable mom on the block.