Thursday, November 18, 2010

Stuffed Shells

  So one of my favorite things to make is something with sauce and cheese, because let's face it, how can you go wrong with sauce and cheese? I'm pretty sure you could put that combination on a rat's butt and it would taste good.

  So here's my recipe for stuffed shells. I got it out of a JC Penny United Way recipe book my sister gave me. It's a little time consuming to stuff the shells but, the taste is worth it. Also this is a great recipe to freeze or take to a covered dish dinner (make sure to bring the recipe with you, people are going to want it)




Stuffed Shells

1 pound of ground beef
1/2 cup of parmigiana cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg (mixed well)
1 box of jumbo shells
1 24 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
12oz of shredded mozzarella cheese

Brown and drain ground beef. Add parmigiana cheese, bread crumbs and egg to the ground beef, stir well and set aside.

 While your cooking the beef you can also be cooking your shells. Follow the directions on the box. Most call to boil for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse well with cold water.
  Put a small amount of the sauce in the bottom of your 9x13 pan. Just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.




Spoon the mixture into the shells and line them up in your pan.



(my lovely assistant Baby Girl)

   Then cover the shells with the remaining sauce. 
 Sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella cheese and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or till the cheese is melted.

 Now I would love to show you a picture of the finished product, but the men folk dug into this before I could take my last picture. (lesson learned don't put it on the table till after I take the last picture)

    To give this recipe a little kick you can add a tablespoon or two to the beef mixture.
   
   If you're going to freeze this, defrost before cooking and cook at 350 for 25 minutes, remove from oven, then add the shredded cheese, then place back in the oven for another 10 minutes (or till the cheese is melted)

 

No comments: