Sunday, November 21, 2010

McCormick Apple and Sage Pork Chops

   The one nice thing to working in the grocery store (no we don't get a discount) is seeing the new food items that come and out getting new ideas for recipes. So tonight I tried McCormick Apple and Sage Pork Chops
 



It's a handy little package of premeasured spices and a recipe, so I figured I couldn't mess it up too bad. (oh the power of positive thinking)


   So I blend all the little spices with the flour like the directions tell me and set to browning the dipped pork chops.
   Already the kitchen is smelling good. Now I know the recipe calls for onions, but I don't like onions and since I'm the cook, guess what? No onions. So while the chops are browning I cut the apples. Instead of wedging them like they show on the recipe card I decided to slice them into whole circles and since I don't have the fancy apple core remover thing, I just used a knife to cut the seeds out. ( I know, I'm such a chef)




 OK take out the pork chops and toss the apples into the pan. It says to stir them, but I just turned them over with the tongs so they stayed like nice little circles.



  So now I'm supposed to add the apple juice, but...., yeah no apple juice, so I took 1/3 cup of applesauce and added water till it was a 1/2 cup and them just mixed them together. (I'd like to point out I'm a "just wing it cook") Mix in the brown sugar and put the chops back in the pan. Bring it to a boil and then turn on low till the chops are done. 

   I made this with sweet potatoes (served with a little brown sugar and butter) and cauliflower. The men folk seemed to like it and said the recipe could be added to the rotation, so while it's not exactly like the McCormick ideal, we still give it a big thumbs up!   



  

  

No comments: