Thursday, December 9, 2010

Brownies out of a box

GASP!!!! I admitted it, I make my brownies from a box mix! I know there are lots of moms out there (and some dads too) who make them from scratch and to you I take my hat off! But, I never really found a scratch mix I liked enough to take the time and effort to make. So it's just me and Betty Crocker when it comes to making brownies. The other nice thing is a box mix is quick and simple and since I always seem to have some little person under foot willing to help, I need quick and easy.

   So today after preschool Baby Girl decided she wanted to make brownies for Daddy. So out came the box mix and her step and she was good to go (with just a little help from Mommy)
mixing the eggs for the brownies
      

    Now lest you think I'm too lazy unambitious I do try to add a little pizazz to my box brownies. This time I sprinkled some little marshmallows and butterscotch chips on top and put the pan back in the oven for a few minutes to make them soft and stick to the top of the brownie.  
Don't they look yummy?
   So there you have it, don't be afraid to let your kids into the kitchen. And don't be afraid to make a box mix (most people won't know unless you tell them). Your kids won't remember what kind of cake or brownie you made, only that they were allowed to help and the special memory of being in the kitchen with mom.

1 comment:

Tys said...

My grandma always uses box mixes... she says why make things harder on yourself when it's just as good. That's coming from a woman who makes a ton of things from scratch! Greg's bday is tomorrow, so I snagged a ghiradelli's box mix at the store for the boys and I to make for him!

And just look at your big girl helper!!